Chocolate Cupcakes recipe
This week’s recipe is some smooth, sweet chocolate cupcakes. Here’s how we make them:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and line 2 x 12-hole muffin tins with 18 paper cases.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl. Add the caster sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Add the sunflower oil, eggs and milk and beat until smooth. Add the boiling water and mix again until silky smooth.
- Scoop the batter into a large mixing jug and pour evenly between the paper cupcake cakes. Bake on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes, or until well-risen and a wooden skewer inserted into the middle of the cakes comes out clean.
- Leave the cakes to cool in the tin for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream. Beat the butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder together using an electric hand whisk, until pale and fluffy.
- Pipe or spread the buttercream over the top of the cupcakes and scatter over the chocolate decorations. Store in an airtight container.
If you have any questions, put them in the comments section below!